Sunday, January 16, 2011

Say WHAT! Turkey Meatballs

They won't ever guess they are ground Turkey... at least my red meat loving husband couldn't detect it (until I told him after the fact) and I still had to show him the empty turkey package to prove it.

2 lbs Turkey meat
1 cup italian bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried Basil
1 T dried Parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp pepper


mix and then shape into meat balls... cook in a skillet until browned and cooked all the way through. This made enough for our family to have meat ball subs one night and then spaghetti and meat balls the next night.

I simmered them in the marinara sauce before I served them in the same pan I cooked them in.

These hold up really well for anything and won't fall apart or crumble.

No comments: